The Logistics Middle East awards took place on Tuesday 17th April organized by the ITP Media Group who host the event as an annual celebration of excellence in the supply chain sector in the Middle East region.
The awards feature 15 categories and trophies awarded to members in the Supply Chain industry for the value they create within key industry verticals of the wider Middle East economy, from traditional retail to e-commerce and energy. This year more buzz words around technology for visibility in the supply chain and consideration in social responsibility came part of a special focus. The nominations for the awards were judged by an expert panel of industry consultants and training specialists recognizing the most impressive projects from last year. Among the 15 award categories, Hellmann Worldwide Logistics was nominated in 3 groups, namely for Pharmaceutical, Automotive and Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) categories.
Hellmann Calipar Healthcare wins ‘Pharmaceutical Supply Chain of the Year’ award
Hellmann Calipar Healthcare Logistics won the ‘Pharmaceutical Supply Chain of the Year’ award establishing itself as a market leader in the Healthcare Logistics Middle East sector. Hellman Calipar Healthcare Logistics in the UAE is a strategic joint venture established in 2010 between Hellman Worldwide Logistics and Calipar Integrated Services in United Arab Emirates. Presenting a unique concept of healthcare logistics services using Dubai as the hub and has been offering its range of services to support secure distribution of its customer’s specialized pharmaceutical and healthcare products across the region through its fully-equipped logistics center. Together with our growing setup in Saudi Arabia, Hellmann Middle East is very proud to be recognized for this award.
Caption: Hellmann Calipar Healthcare awarded the ‘Pharmaceutical Supply Chain of the Year’ award. From left, Anna Mansurova, Madhav Kurup, Cindy Engelbart, the award presenter from Gulftainer. (All pictures attached are courtesy to ITP Media Group).
Whilst our core value drives a lot of our uniqueness in the region, Hellmann was recognized notably in Healthcare due to the following reasons:
- Having started in Healthcare solutions in the UAE from 2010, Hellmann has expanded with more than 26,500 sq. mt. of dedicated healthcare operations in Dubai and 8,000 sq. mt. in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Hellmann solutions cover all areas from inbound, warehousing (-20c, 2-8c and also 15-25c) and outbound to all Middle East & Africa and not only conform to WHO GSP, GDP requirements, Hellmann also has special warehouse value added solutions conforming to WHO GMP and provides its customs with all documentation and special packaging support as well as special services in 2D labelling.
- Hellmann is also developing into specialized cool delivery solutions in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for the Pharmaceutical industry.
- Hellmann Transport and Warehouse Management systems supply data visibility covering all movement types, supply also GPS tracking solutions with temperature monitoring with also special investment into our WMS system standards following the highest US FDA requirements of GAMP 5.
Hellmann Worldwide Logistics obtains “Highly Commended” in ‘Automotive Supply Chain of the Year’ award
Hellmann Worldwide Logistics Middle East succeeds in recognition for the “Highly Commended” status for ‘Automotive Supply Chain of the Year’ award establishing itself as one of the top logistics operators supporting the Automotive Logistics Middle East sector.
Whilst our Core Value drive a lot of our uniqueness in the region, Hellmann was recognized notably in Automotive due to the following reasons:
- Supporting and arranging key international workshops on why the UAE / Middle East is the idea for Hub Supply Chain for Automotive spare parts.
- Handling many of the top global automotive brands in the Middle East region with their supply chain and spare parts, many whom from the start of their Middle East entry are still with Hellmann today due to our timely and positive performance in transport and warehousing functions we provide.
- Hellmann own operations and those along with Rudolph & Hellmann Automotive Logistics cover more than 150 persons dedicated to the Automotive segment in the UAE alone, handling more than 55,000 sq. mt. of dedicated automotive area and handling all transportation modes to Middle East and Sub-Sahara Africa. Hellmann solutions truly provide a single one stop control tower for all automotive segment supporting the region, including total documentation control and dealer support programs for our automotive customers.
Hellmann Worldwide Logistics obtains “Highly Commended” in ‘FMCG Supply Chain of the Year’ award
Hellmann Worldwide Logistics Middle East succeeds in recognition for the “Highly Commended” status for ‘FMCG Supply Chain of the Year’ award establishing itself as one of the top logistics operators supporting the FMCG Logistics Middle East sector. Within the award of FMCG consideration was given for companies handling FMCG and Perishable business.
Whilst our Core Value drive a lot of our uniqueness in the region, Hellmann was recognized notably in this category due to the following reasons:
- Covering various angles of the FMCG sector across the Middle East, especially in Saudi Arabia and UAE in transport and warehousing solutions from raw materials, finished goods and also dangerous goods storage for which Hellmann has recently created a joint venture in the UAE wherein it can further support its customers for storage in DG categories of Classes 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 & 9 covering more than 15,000 pallet positions.
- The category also considered logistic support for retail companies, of which Hellmann Middle East though our Hellmann Perishable Logistics network supports large retailers for their perishable imports into the UAE and Oman, with upcoming future commencement into Saudi Arabia.
- Via our Ocean Insights solution Hellmann can provide extensive solutions from AIS Vessel Tracking and special container tracking visibility tools supporting Hellmann customers to have a total visibility and exception management controls over its supply chain on the customer container movements, regardless if the business moves with Hellmann or on separate contracts.
- Hellmann setup caters to our global reach organization over various transport modes, complemented with specialized UAE customs tools to speed up data entry of consignments of more than 1,000 lines to be entered into customs systems within minutes via automated customs OCR technology that Hellmann Middle East has developed.
- Hellmann airport operations in Dubai for the more special time bound handling products (Perishable) are working 24×7.
The evening had a number of established large 3PLs and logistics specialists, as well as major end-users. Pre-function started off with all the business leaders greeting and networking, followed by MC welcoming the guests and the award ceremony with dinner in between. Furthermore, being an associate sponsor of the event, Madhav Kurup, CEO Hellmann Worldwide Logistics – Middle East and South Asia, was given the opportunity to present awards for the winners of Editor’s Choice Award for Special Achievement in Air Cargo and Best Emergent Supply Chain Hub.
Feature Image showing: (from left) Rouba El Akhdar, Regional Chief Financial Officer – Hellmann Worldwide Logistics (Middle East and South Asia); Anna Mansurova, Commercial Manager – Hellmann Calipar Healthcare Logistics UAE; Geeta Bathija, Director Service Excellence and Customs Compliance – Hellmann Worldwide Logistics UAE; Vidya Veettil, KAM Automotive & UAE Road Product Head – Hellmann Worldwide Logistics UAE; Cindy Engelbart, General Manager – Hellmann Calipar Healthcare Logistics UAE; Madhav Kurup, Regional CEO – Hellmann Worldwide Logistics (Middle East and South Asia); Simon Reah, COO – Contract Logistics – Hellmann Worldwide Logistics (Middle East and South Asia); Gordon Barnard, Vice President Sales – Hellmann Worldwide Logistics (Middle East and South Asia); Francois Coron, Managing Director – Hellmann Worldwide Logistics UAE; Ahmedyar Qazi, DC Manager (Ford Project) – Hellmann Worldwide Logistics UAE;
By Gordon Barnard, Vice President Sales, Hellmann Worldwide Logistics (Middle East and South Asia)
Share this Post